Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Punched butterflies (a granted wish)

There's been a wishlist swap going on over on the forums at Scrappin' Patch lately. 
Basically someone lists 3 things they are after and if someone can send one or more of those items they post a message with their wishlist of 3 items (and arrange to get the address to send the items privately).

To begin with I asked for journalling tags, scalloped circles and mini doillies.
Then I was able to send someone some buttons, clock embellishments and stamped images (just need to get it posted this week) so I got to add another list. I wished for punched butterflies, love elsie products and coloured staples.
And a couple of people have kindly offered to send me some stuff!

Over the weekend I got a packet of punched butterflies from Annelie. They are punched in such lovely papers and lots of different sizes and are providing lots of inspiration at the moment...


I've already made a couple of cards and some tags...


Here's a close-up of one of the tags... 
I discovered that if you staple the middle of the butterfly it looks like a body plus it allows you to bend the wings upwards for a 3D effect. Not quite sure what I'm going to do with the tag yet - possible add it to a card?


I'm also thinking about doing something like this and also making a mini-book all about me right now with butterflies appearing through-out. Does anyone have any other ideas of what I can do with my pretty butterflies?

Also Annelie who sent me the butterflies has a new challenge blog you may want to visit if you enjoy scrapping :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...