Monday, February 28, 2011

Recipe: Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins

With all the devastation in the news (plus me and the baby having colds) I have lost my blogging and photo-taking mojo this last week. Must try harder this week. Here is a post I drafted at the start of last week. I'm not ignoring what's happening in Christchurch but I thought a light-hearted recipe might be just the ticket to take people's minds off what's been happening - even if it's just for a minute...

I spotted small punnets of fresh blueberries in the supermarket last weekend and couldn't resist buying some. Normally any recipes requiring blueberries are made with frozen ones. I really need to get in the habit of baking and cooking to the seasons so I can use more FRESH produce.

So the punnet of blueberries sat in the fridge for a few days looking up at me every time I opened the fridge and begging me to make good use of them before they went bad.

I didn't fancy run of the mill blueberry muffins. I wanted something even sweeter. So I went with Blueberry and White Chocolate Muffins. And ohmygosh, they are just delicious! I don't think I've had this combination before but I can assure you they are scrummy :-)


I used this recipe but substituted the raspberries for the blueberries. And one of those small punnets is 1 cup exactly - it must be meant to be!


Happy baking :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...