I've had this list saved in my drafts folder to add to as I think of more things.
This last weekend has been so hot and with the 1st December almost upon us (the official first day of summer) I think it's time to celebrate what I love about Spring and start thinking about my summer loves!
A work-in-progress list of what I <3 about Spring...
- Daffodils...especially the double headed ones that come up in my front garden each year. I was so disappointed they came up blind this year and hope they will flower next year
- Tulips...which I planted whilst pregnant and then watched them sprout and flower with my newborn baby beside me
- Hanging the washing out...especially on those blustery, sunny days where it doesn't take long to dry
- Being able to get out in the garden and get the lawns mowed
- Watching everything sprout and grow and 'green-up'
- Wanting to eat salad again (I don't like eating salad when it's cold and grey!)
- Starting to think about Christmas, what we will do, what we will buy, what I will make
- My birthday...which now falls in Spring
- The nights drawing out
- Having decent light for taking photos
- Not having to have the fire/heating going all day long
- More barefoot days
- Dreaming of vegetable and flower gardens (even if I never quite get around to actually doing them!)
- The lemon tree perking up after winter
- Fresher looking fruit and veg in the shops
- Sitting outside on the sunny days and enjoying a breeze
I'm sure there's more to come....hope to add to this as the years go on :-)
See more seasonal posts here