Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Recipe: Baby Quiches

I should probably explain that these are not quiches made with babies or even for babies (mine is too young for any food just yet other than milk!) but they are baby sized :-)

I should also point out that I never have been and never will be an award winning chef. I struggle making dinner most of the time (which is why my wonderful husband makes a lot of our meals). But I do have little recipes - normally for cakes, muffins or savoury snacks - that I enjoy making and which seem to go down well with the husband, myself, visitors etc.

So, onto the recipe.

B*A*B*Y   Q*U*I*C*H*E*S

Ingredients:
2 sheets puff pastry (I use the Edmonds ready to use stuff that's already rolled out because I am a lazy cook)
Some wafer thin/shaved ham - I use about 6 slices
1/2 cup grated cheese
cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup milk
1 egg



And this is what you do:

  • Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees (170 fan)
  • Spray a 12 hole muffin tin with some oil
  • Cut pastry into circles with a large cookie cutter (with the sheets of pastry I use I can get 9 circles on one sheet)
  • Place pastry circles into muffin tin holes
  • Cut/tear up the ham into little pieces and put a few bits into each pastry
  • Divide the cheese between the 12 pastries
  • Wash and halve cherry tomatoes and put half on top of each pastry (G hates tomato so I only put these on 6 out of 12 of the quiches)
  • Whisk egg and milk together in a cup and then put approx 1.tbsp into each pastry
  • Put in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until nice and golden brown on top



These are delicious warm out of the oven and also quite tasty cold later on.
If only making 12 you will be left with quite a lot of pastry - I tend to turn this into 3 pasties and fill them with whatever I have on hand - brie, grated cheese, ham, tomatoes etc. The pasties tend to take longer to cook - maybe an extra 5-10 minutes.

Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...