Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stuff we love: Calendula Cream

I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the products/websites/things we love.
Most of these will likely have a baby theme but I may feature some other things as well.
These will all be things I am happy to recommend to others and use myself.


The first item I'd like to share is Calendula Cream. The one we have is from The Herb Farm (a local business which sells natural skincare and healthcare products). I love supporting NZ made products where possible - especially when they are just down the road!

When looking round the Herb Farm shop (back before baby made his appearance!) I spotted that Calendula Cream can be used for nappy rash and decided it could be good to have a jar on hand if we needed it. Given it's also good for dry skin, cuts and grazes and cradle cap I figured we'd use it up somehow.

When baby got nappy rash when he was only a couple of weeks old I dug out the jar and was amazed to see the nappy rash had improved between nappy changes. And it cleared up within a day.
Now I use the calendula cream after every dirty nappy and also after bath/before bed every night. And I'm pleased to report we have not had any repeat occurances.
I think I will make sure there's always a jar on hand to be on the safe side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...