Friday, July 22, 2011

29 @ 29 - three quarter (a.k.a almost there!) review

Totally random photo of the birdbath all iced up :-)


I am now officially 29 and a three quarters so it's time for another review of where I'm at with my 29 things to do aged 29 list...

Colour-coded for colourful reading! PINK = complete, RED = in progress.


29 @ 29
DONE 1. Paint my toenails 
DONE 2. Scrapbook at least 12 moments of baby’s first year
IN PROGRESS - I've bought the seeds! And I'm hoping to plant them in September or October! - 3. Plant sunflower seeds/grow sunflowers
 DONE 4. Eat tiramisu
 DONE 5. Get my hair cut
 DONE 6. Summarise/scrapbook our first year married
 DONE 7. Read a novel
 8. Lose 5kg
 DONE (and I'm back at work!) 9. Decide if I’m returning to work or not
 DONE 10. Participate in a Christmas ornament swap
 DONE 11. Write a Christmas newsletter
 DONE 12. See Harry Potter 7 (part 1) ...and as a bonus I intend to see Part 2 as well :-)
 IN PROGRESS 13. List 29 reasons why I’m a good mother
 DONE 14. Blog at least 29 times
 DONE 15. Email at least 50 photos/videos of baby to family
 DONE 16. Finish rainbow crochet blanket
 IN PROGRESS - awaiting photos from photographer! 17. Get a nice photo of all 3 of us (plus maybe the dog)
DONE 18. Take baby swimming
IN PROGRESS 6/10 -19. Send 10 postcards or letters (with photos of baby maybe)
DONE 20. Buy at least 10 bunches of flowers
DONE 21. Try 10 new recipes
 22. Create a photo wall (in the dining room?)
 DONE 23. Make bunting for baby’s bedroom
 DONE 24. Have a picnic or tea party
 IN PROGRESS -25. Find ways to celebrate each season
 DONE 26. Give away at least 29 things
 IN PROGRESS -27. Try to take at least 1 photo every day
 28. Write my birth story
 IN PROGRESS 7/12 - 29. Have 12 ‘dates’ with my husband

I'm not doing too badly am I?! 
Some notes on the items not started yet...
  • I need to find some time to sit down and right my birth story - it's finding the right head space rather than anything else that's stopping me from doing this. I'm not sure how detailed it will end up being as we are now nearly a year after it happened!
  • I have heaps of frames and photos all over the place for the photo wall - just need some organisation to get it all together. This went on hold when we might have been moving but as we are staying put for a while I will try and do this.
  • As far as losing 5kg goes - I reckon this is still achieveable if I start now! I need to weigh myself and come up with an exercise and eating plan to get this ticked off. 5kg isn't much but it might be just the start I need. I quite fancy trying Aqua Aerobics again - tried it years ago - just need to find a buddy to laugh with when I get it all wrong and nearly drown!
So there you go - at this stage there isn't anything I definitely won't do...just need to keep the momentum going to get it all done!

And as far as what I'm going to do for my 30th - there are a few ideas whizzing around in my head...I've found lists of random acts of kindness (one for each year you've been on earth) which sounds awesome. I'm also thinking about a Book of Me scrapbook or something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...