Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Creative Space: Lion birthday cake

I thought I'd share a picture of baby's birthday cake that I made a couple of weeks ago for his 1st birthday. 
He seems to like lions and 'rawr' noises so I did a bit of a hunt around online for some lion cake inspiration. 
I found this and this which I thought were pretty cute. And then I finally settled on my own attempt at this version.
Here's how my one came out...


I used a basic sponge recipe and made one sponge (rather than 2 for a Victoria Sponge type cake). I thought a 'shorter' cake would be best for baby to eat!
It's decorated with butter icing coloured with yellow colouring and chocolate butter icing. I then used some fudge writing icing for the mouth. The ears are a shortbread biscuit cut in half and covered in buttercream icing.
It's not exactly a professional looking cake but I wasn't aiming for that. I was aiming for something fun plus it seemed to go down rather well...


Linking up with Our Creative Spaces.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, it looks great. I reckon homemade cakes are the best... who wants people just thinking that you bought it ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...