1 week old
1 year old
I want to share 10 things about the 1st year:
- I really thought I loved him the most I ever could on the day he was born but every day this past year I have found that love grow as he made me smile and laugh
- It was undoubtedly the hardest year of my life. I was on the steepest learning curve ever. But it's also been the best year of my life.
- I still can't quite believe I'm a mother and I have a son. I don't feel grown up enough for that!
- I've never missed my family and friends more than I have this year. I feel sad that some of them haven't met my gorgeous boy yet and sad that those that have haven't spent nearly as much time with him as they'd like.
- The level of respect I have for my Mum has been multiplied by 100 this year.
- Ditto all mothers I know everywhere.
- At every stage I always think "this is the best stage" and then he reaches another milestone and blows me away yet again.
- There is nothing sweeter than newborn snuggles, the first smile, the first laugh and cuddles. I love that he's a cuddly baby :-)
- Seeing my baby in pain is worse than any pain I could ever experience myself. I never understood that before he was in my life.
- I can't wait to see what he gets up to next.
PS. He is so close to walking by himself. He's been taking the odd step here and there and is so fast when he's holding your hand. I can't believe I nearly have a toddler on my hands :-)
Happy Birthday gorgeous boy. Love You. xxxx
Linking up with Shimelle's 10 things.