Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Kiwi Christmas Ornament Swap : : What I Made


My ornaments should have arrived safe and sound with their recipients now so I thought it was time to share what I made for the Kiwi Christmas Ornament Swap this year. The swap is hosted by Dione at Sew Funky and this is my third year of taking part.

This year I wanted to make something combining yarn and paper (last years ornament was made with yarn and the year before was paper so it was time to combine them!)

I had a search around online and on Pinterest but couldn't find anything that matched what I was thinking about so I decided just to wing it!

I made a yarn wrapped wreath with holly leaves and berries...


The wreaths are circles of cardboard wrapped in a festive red yarn, the holly leaves are cut out from green card and the berries are red beads.


I made a little stamped card to send with each ornament and also included one of my Moo cards with each package.


It was fun making these ornaments and I'm glad I made one for our tree as well :-)

Look out soon for a post showing what ornaments I have received in return.




2 comments:

  1. Nice job - lovely ornaments. I'm enjoying things arriving in the post too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach :-) It definitely makes checking the mailbox more fun :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...