Monday, August 13, 2012

Mr Mischief turns 2!

My not-so-baby boy turned 2 on Friday. How can it be 2 whole years since we welcomed him to the world on a beautiful winter's day?

We had a fantastic day - opening presents, playing with new toys and celebrating with birthday cake.
I decided to keep the cake pretty simple and instantly recognisable as "cake" to Mr Mischief. I made a Victoria Sponge (and unfortunately used the wrong size tins so my sandwiches came out flatter than I'd hoped) with jam and butter cream icing in the middle. Then I made a massive batch of chocolate butter icing and covered the whole cake with that and finishing with a helping of pebbles for colourful decoration. As you can see from the photos it was rather popular with it's recipient!





At the end of the day I asked him if he had a fun day and he said yes so I am a happy Mummy :-)




1 comment:

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...