Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Scrapbooking: Our 1st Year Married (Scrappin' Patch Challenge)

I had heaps of fun with this layout. I had the photo picked ages ago and knew I wanted to do a quick summary of our 1st year as a married couple (it's part of my 29@29 list) but no matter what backgrounds I tried it wouldn't come together so the photo kept getting put aside...
And then the Scrappin' Patch design team came up with a 'bossy' challenge this Queens Birthday weekend...they issued a set up instructions in the forum on Saturday - one instruction approx. each hour. You could choose to do the layout as each instruction was issued or wait until they were all released and then do your layout.
I was too chicken to do each step before knowing the next one so jotted each one down and then sat down and did the layout on Sunday night.
I'm really pleased with how it's turned out...


And here are some of the details close up...a stamped image and 3 stickers...


And add 3 tags, 3 circles and 3 stars...


I have been looking at everyone's take on this challenge in the forum and it's amazing how different all the layouts look. I am even thinking about having another go with the same instructions to see how different I can make a second layout.

Here are the instructions if you fancy having a go...

1) Choose a 4 by 6 photo (can be landscape or portrait) and select a matching 12 by 12 piece of cardstock
2) Add a diecut
3) Choose 5 different patterned papers to match with the following sizes... 9.5 x 5.5", 1 x 11.5", 4.5 x 7", 0.5 x 11" and 2 x 2.5"
4) Add 3 circles, 3 tags and 3 stars (any sizes)
5) Add a stamped image
6) Add a ribbon, 3 stickers and 2 staples
7) Use 2 different coloured alphas for your title
8) Add a journal element or journal on an existing element
9) Doodle

If you do have a go have fun and leave me a link so I can see what you come up with!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, gorgeous page and love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, I might just have to have a go at that! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...