Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Hubby! (iPhone style birthday card and minibook)

It's my hubby's birthday today - Happy Birthday G :-)

I thought I'd share the card and minibook I made for him. 
He has an iPhone which he loves so I decided to make him an iPhone style birthday card. 
I cut out an iPhone shape from black card and drew the edge and detail with a silver pencil. Then I added a white card 'screen' and cut out little square 'icons' to write Happy Birthday on it. As a finishing touch I drew the Apple icon on the back of the card!

I also made a minibook featuring 12 mini photos of hubby and baby since he was born. 
I made all the photos black and white to unify them and used an iPhone from a Westpac bank leaflet (advertising their app to save money) as a background. The photos were stuck to the screen part of the iPhone to make it look like a photo on the phone. 
I used 5 leaflets and cut the iPhone's out and backed each one with some patterned paper. I also used a silver Hambly screenprint I've had for ages to make a cover and back page. 
I'm really pleased with how it turned out and hope it will be a lovely pocket-sized momento of some special times between hubby and baby :-)




3 comments:

  1. wow so creative and sooo thoughtful, very lucky hubby.
    Deb from welly here, have you recieved my pascel yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Deb :-) Watch this space for a post with photos coming soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your hubby, please convey my best wishes.

    You are so creative. It is lovely to see all these hand-made gifts.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...