Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tips for the changing seasons

There's a few things I like to do as the nights draw in and the days get chillier. A few things that make me feel like I'm boosting my wellness and fighting off those yucky change of season germs as well as making the most of the season. I don't always avoid the colds and germs completely but I often feel it's not quite as bad as it could be.


I thought I'd share some of my tips with you...
  • burning essential oils. Eucylyptus to get rid of germs and cleanse the house. Lime for a refreshing zing. And always lavendar to relax.
  • taking echinacea and vitamin C tablets (there seems to be contradicting research on whether this works but I'm sure it must have some benefit)
  • using a good moisteriser on my face every day
  • moisterising my hands regularly
  • lip balm (I find my lips get drier as the weather gets colder so always try to remember to carry one with me)
  • having a warm drink late afternoon - like a coffee (decaff for me - I've been off caffeine since I got pregnant and been off it so long I don't see the point of getting back on it! plus I really noticed it ruins my sleep) or hot chocolate to keep me feeling warm and cosy as the day gets darker and colder
  • trying to get outside in the middle of the day for some fresh air
  • closing the curtains and blinds before it gets dark
  • lighting candles or having fairy lights on - trying to make the most of the dark evenings with twinkly light
  • enjoying satsumas or seedless mandarins while they are in season
I've also signed myself up with some friends to a Winter Wellness Workshop at the Herb Farm. I'm looking forward to picking up more tips for protecting myself and my family from the harshness of winter.


Is there anything you do at this time of year to ward off Winter ills or to celebrate winter? (or for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere what you do as winter draws near?) I'd love to hear any tips you might have :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...