Time for an Autumn list as this season ends and we come into winter. I think there's a lot of things on this list that apply to winter as well but hopefully when the time comes I'll have some wintery likes too :-)
A work-in-progress list of the things I love about Autumn...
- It used to be my birthday month (when I lived in the Northern Hemisphere)
- It's the most naturally colourful season in my opinion
- Finding conkers on walks in the park
- Looking for interesting shaped leaves that have fallen
- The word 'Autumn' itself is pretty awesome
- Warm mugs of hot chocolate
- Melty marshmallows in the aforementioned hot chocolate
- Wanting to bake to make the kitchen and house feel warm
- Apple pie - autumn is the season this seems most appropriate to make
- Seeing and hearing more birds
- Taking time to close the curtains each night and put the fire on and make the house nice and cosy
- Being able to use our gorgeous moa throw on the bed to keep us warm (it was a wedding present from G's mum and there is one on every bed at the hotel we stayed at for our wedding night)
- New seasons of shows I like on telly (like Grey's Anatomy)
- Lots of rainbows when the weather can't make it's mind up
- Wanting to spend lots of time being crafty and make things.
You can see other seasonal posts and lists here.