Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Goodbye Gift - Palmy Style

Some British friends of ours that had lived here since 2006 recently headed back the UK to live. We were sad to see them go. Their little girl is just 5 days older than Mr Mischief.
I wanted to get them a little something to remind them of their time here and the place both their children were born. It was tricky though as it couldn't be too large or too heavy or too awkward to transport back to the UK.
And then a few days before their leaving party I found a great present. The local iSite has designed posters featuring a large heart filled with instagram shots of Palmerston North and the Manawatu. So I headed in and grabbed them a poster.

(sorry it's not very clear - it was surprisingly difficult to photograph)

There didn't seem to be much point having it framed for them as this would mean it would be bigger for them to transport so I DIYed them a carrying tube instead.
I re-rolled my aluminium foil minus the tube so I could use the tube for the poster. Then I found some kiwi style scrapbook paper (featuring some sheep!) and covered the tube with it. I used washi tape at each end to keep the poster inside but so that the tape could easily be lifted to look inside and put back.



I was so taken with the poster that I bought one for us too to display on our new Wellington walls to remind us of lovely Palmy.
I got the poster from the Palmerston North iSite for $5. You can see more details about it here.

1 comment:

  1. ZOMG *LOVE*

    Need this for my (frequent) bouts of homesickness.

    *runs off to look at link*

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and will always try to come and visit you if you have your own blog or reply when I can :-) Thankyou

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...